Ormskirk Market Day

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Crawford Inn pub - Crawford Village 6 months 18 hours ago #234

• Heidi Southworth
  • Heidi Southworth's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I hope it is ok to write here, I am not a member of this society yet. I have 2 queries really.

Firstly I am looking for an old photograph of the Crawford Inn pub which was located in Crawford Village. Unfortunately it is no longer there and has been converted into houses now. At some point it became the Crawford Arms and I already have photos from that era. What I am really looking for is an old B&W photo from when it was the Crawford Inn. It was run by 2 generations of my family from 1899 onwards. I would be really grateful if anyone would have any ideas where I might find one. I have tried lots of places already but no luck so far...

Secondly as you can see my name is Southworth and I am researching my family tree. I would love to chat to anyone else who has Southworths in their family especially if they have a link to Samlesbury Hall. I have hit a brick wall on that line and have not been able to link back to Samlesbury Hall yet. Although I am pretty sure there is a link somewhere.

Many thanks for reading and thank you for any information you are able to offer.

Best wishes

Heidi

Crawford Inn pub - Crawford Village 5 months 4 weeks ago #236

Unfortunately this Society doesn't cover Crawford Village, which is part of UpHolland. Liverpool and South West Lancs Family History Society have an UpHolland Branch, which may be able to help.
Skelmersdale Heritage Society, on Facebook, also covers UpHolland and they have lots of old photos on their Facebook page so that would be well worth having a look at.

Crawford Inn pub - Crawford Village 5 months 4 weeks ago #237

• Heidi
  • Heidi's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, Thank you for your message. Yes I realise that Crawford is a little out of your area. I have also asked at all of the places that you recommended but no luck so far. I thought it was worth asking here as well, you never know.
Thank you for taking time to reply. Heidi

Crawford Inn pub - Crawford Village 5 months 4 weeks ago #238

• Heidi
  • Heidi's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. Yes I realise that Crawford is a little out of area but I thought it was worth a try anyway. I have tried so many places including the Liverpool and SW Lancs FHS and Skelmersdale Heritage Society but no luck so far. Anyway I will keep looking.
Thank you
Heidi
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds

Ormskirk Church
Ormskirk Parish
Church

Ormskirk railwaymen 1908
Ormskirk Station

Scarisbrick Hall 1815
Scarisbrick Hall

Skelmersdale Station
Skelmersdale